From Hugh MacLeod's Gaping Void
No. I don't need what Hugh suggests. Rick posted recently on What Women Want. I employ the fabulosity of Jill Connor Browne's elements on the 5 Men You Must Have In Your Life, as outlined in the Sweet Potato Queen's Book of Love:
1. a man who can fix things
2. a man you can dance with
3. a man you can talk to
4. a man to have great sex with
5. a man who can pay for things
I'm self-reliant for #5 and don't happen to require it. I’d trade it for “a man who can cook”. But the others – those are good ‘uns. Jill advises that if you can find a man that does all 5, that’s a keeper. Else, just make sure there’s a man on call for each of these activities and you’re set. Guess if I found one with all 5, I wouldn’t have to use the power of the promise!
Erin O'Brien recently posted on "what is sexy". Her druthers don't suck. Mine include:
- Confidence is sexy. Not cockiness. Not hubris. Confidence.
- Common courtesy is sexy – and often altogether missing in these here times. Opening the door, carrying the heavy suitcase, holding the elevator, putting the toilet seat down, stopping your car to let someone cross in a parking lot.
- Making eye contact to acknowledge a shared reference in the midst of other happenings is sexy.
- Making eye contact, smiling slowly, and keeping eye contact is sexy.
- Making eye contact and keeping it while talking is sexy. Looking around at everyone and everything but me says you’d rather be elsewhere – go on with your bad self and be elsewhere.
- Being comfortable to be a dork / goof / geek / dweeb / dufus around me is sexy. Accepting my dufusness in reciprocal measure – also sexy. As CountryMouse put it: "a man who isn't afraid to be foolish to make me laugh" is sexy. (Read more here.)
- Groomed facial hair is sexy. Unkempt growth is not.
- Direct, frank communication is sexy. Say what you mean, mean what you say.
- Vulnerability is sexy.
- Added Monday 25-Jun-2007: Cerebral technology marketeer artist type whose work I digg muchly giving an unsolicited Twitter shout - now *that* is sexy as fuck all and has me wet with legs shaking. Spanks, Hugh! Erin, you've got commentgasm competition! Er, Twittergasm? Blogasm? Whatever. I'm 'gasm-ing and can't think straight. I need a cold shower.
Sheena's additions, promoted from comments:
Humour is the sexiest of all. Witty evil verbally adroit humour with a heavy dose of the double entendre makes Sheena wet beyond any thing else.
- Ability to remember the humble roots from whence one has come.
- Never ending curiosity.
- A strong sense of play.
- Willingness to put money where one's mouth is.
- Willingness to slip the can of tuna as needed to show a girl he cares.
And from CountryMouse:
. . . a guy who truly loves women is sexy. I don't mean a philanderer or a genuine pig--I mean a guy who gets what women are about and loves all the different packages we come in. Oooooh--sexy!