19 February 2007

Bah bah bah bah, buh bah bah bah bah, I wanna be serrated

Sedation would be nice. Bronchitis is kicking Cheek's arse and stealing sleep in the night. Hack with force, tears eject, prop back up on pillows, drowse. Hack again, listen to the cat snore until realizing it's the wheezing left lung. Turn over. Repeat until sun rises. Expectorant cacophonous coughs combine with neighborhood demolition chaos as purloiners of daytime napping. To sleep, perchance to dream ...

Music is respite. Much regret in missing the Grammys and the trio wow of Corinne Bailey Rae, John Legend, and John Mayer. Turning the volume up high drowns out the self cough sound track.

Aaaack! Thhhppt! Sick sucks. A certain Canuck claims he never gets sick. Upon sick's creep, he drinks 'til blotto and lets the hangover trump the creeping crud. Does that work for you? The Messiah's Handbook says: "Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours." Go away, dark phlegmy clouds - on to the bright sunshiny day.

James, by Mark Tonra

4 comments:

Whitenoise said...

Hey cheek! Where ya been? More posts, please. ;-)

Whitenoise said...

BTW, that's one of my favourite Ramones songs, too, but I don't get the serrated ref....

Sheena said...

Hey! WHAT exactly is your favourite Ramones song???

Whitenoise said...

Well, she was referring to "I wanna be sedated", but as to which is my favourite, I dunno. I like a bunch of them- Blitzkreig Bop, Sheena is a Punk Rocker (was that the one you were voting for?), Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Rockaway Beach...

I liked the band when it wasn't cool- late '70s suburbia. My friends were mostly into Boston, Zep, Journey, etc. Punk/NW wasn't cool in my highschool social circles.