22 May 2007

Been a Long Time

So blaggers know this. Blurkers may not care. But lapses happen. The busyness of life, a lack of inspiration, other life / heart / work happenings weighing more heavily on the mind. But for many, it's also a need to wank - uh, write - something more substantive than trivial. All of the above apply.

Days passed. And this emptiness filled my blag. I wanted to do the substantive post - it's simmering - but until I blag that, doing anything else was not enough. More days passed. I needed a plan.

From Hugh MacLeod's Gaping Void.

Instead, a peep's visit delivered a keester kick. In town to catch Cheek's band, said peep delivered a draft copy of his book. HIS BOOK. Here I am looking for focus and inspiration to lift me out of my heart's other heaviness, and DAY-UM! if another's product of focus and inspiration isn't the needed kick in the head. Keester. Whatever.

Starting somewhere is starting. Not only did the blagging wane, but so too did daily perusal of fave web haunts. Getting back in the saddle yields such amusement that sharing is compulsory. It's not the back burnered substance post, but blags in motion to tend to stay in motion (Kernan's bastardized Newton's law).

From Darby Conley's Get Fuzzy.

I've been missing ShakesPug, and it looks like Bucky has too. He's famous for purloining prose and poetry from all corners, but this take on The Rime of the Ancient Mariner is priceless and CatPoetry in its own right.

Catching up with Gaping Void yielded this:


While today's Toothpaste for Dinner yielded this:
Coincidence?

And then today's AWAD bonks on Cheek's pointy head. Color me stoopid not to know that ramada was a Spanish word. Dood! I've been saying it fer *years* in context with the motel, but never knew. Dough!

Setting back to rights after listing - sorry for the lapse. Reconnecting with familiars is making today a good day. Realists need not comment - as per today's Pearls Before Swine:

3 comments:

Whitenoise said...

Good to see you back.

CheekierMeSly said...

Spanks, Whitenoise. It's nice to be back.

country mouse said...

I had to forward this Pearls Before Swine to my dear friend Mary
who I have this *exact* ongoing conversation with : )

Eager for the substantive . . .